M.I.A. No, not the singer.
I apologize for the lack of posts. I’ve been away from the computer for the past couple of days. I even spent a whole day without turning on my computer (gasp). I have several posts I will be posting this week and I will not let myself fall off the planet again. Promise! My next blog posts I’m actually going to plan! Maybe even an outline or an idea of what to write before I start typing. I have several ideas for blog posts and now I may just use them. I think this will be better than my method of sitting, writing, submitting, and then rereading with disgust(I get pickier as time passes).
Now…… on to the Awards *cheers from the crowd* (What? You don’t hear them?). I am so excited to have received 3 Awards! Two of the awards come from the amazing Courtney, an aspiring author with immense talent. She has bestowed upon me The Over the Top Award and the Honest Scrap Award! Also, I have received my second Picasso Award from Kayleigh at Kayleigh’s Kaleidoscope! Kayleigh is also an aspiring author with a wonderful blog, who constantly puts me to shame with her accomplishments.
Deciding who to pass these awards on to next has been very difficult for me. I know many have already recently received it, but they may just receive another from me! Also, many of the bloggers I follow don’t even know who I am, but they will be receiving these awards from me regardless!
First- The Over the Top Award
Thank you so much Courtney for this wonderful Award! I think it is supper cute!
Rules: Answer the following questions with Single Word answers then pass this along to 5 other bloggers. Make sure you let them know about it though.
Your Cell Phone? Dying
Your Hair? Braid
Your Mother? Sweet
Your Father? Complaining
Your Favourite Food? Spaghetti
Your Dream Last Night? lol
Your Favourite Drink? Tea
Your Dream/Goal? Happy
What Room Are You In? Bedroom
Your Hobby? Reading
Your Fear? Inside
Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years? Working
Where Were You Last Night? Home
Something That You Aren't? Sure
Wish List Item? Cash
Where Did You Grow Up? South
Last Thing You Did? Book
What Are You Wearing? Jeans
Your TV? Off
Your Pets? Amazing
Your Life? Still
Your Mood? Ok
Missing Someone? Unfortunately
Something You Aren't Wearing? Hat
Your Favourite Store? Dollar
Your Favourite Colour? Red
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Today
Last Time You Cried? Today
Your Best Friend? Away
One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Out
Favourite Place To Eat? Sushi
I’ve decided to pass this award on to:
- Kayleigh at Kayleigh’s Kaleidoscope
- Julie at Silver Lining
- Frankie at Frankie Writes
- Eva at Screaming Whispers
- Diana at Writing Roller Coasters
Second- The Honest Scrap Award
Once again from the amazing Courtney! For this award I must give 10 “honest” facts about myself.
1. I have a tattoo of a bear on my hip. It is for my dog Ursa, and it represents the place she will always have in my heart and mind.
2. I love snakes. I think they are beautiful and often misunderstood. I also believe a fear of snakes is natural and is generally a good thing (if you don’t know what it is, or the individual snake, stay away).
3. I am jealous of everyone with a strong faith.
4. I’m a geek freak. I love to learn and spend hours researching obscure topics for no useful reason. – see Picasso #6
5. I have a huge collection of shoes that I rarely wear.
6. I believe in Ghosts (or something like ghosts).
7. I like to think that there is a possibility that everything we imagine can be real, both the good and bad.
8. I believe in Karma, but that we cannot seek Karmic retribution.
9. I love crime dramas, anything that explores crime and motive.
10. I have
I’ve decided to pass this award on to:
- Anne at Anne Riley
- Sara at Misadventures of a Modern Mommy
- Rhonda at Snarktastic Ramblings
- Carol at Carol’s Prints
- Sherrinda at A Writer Wannabe
And last, but not least, the Picasso Award from the wonderful Kayleigh.
Thank you so much for this Award!
1. I cry during most Disney movies and have skipped scenes from most of them as well. For example, I’ve never seen all of the Lion King (I skip the part where his daddy dies) and refuse to finish The Fox and the Hound.
2. On a similar note, the villains’ songs (in Disney and other kids’ movies) are always my favorite.
3. I have traveled through part of Europe once and Italy twice. I traveled around Europe with my family the summer between my 6th and 7th grades. Sadly, I don’t remember a lot about this trip. I remember the friend I met and some of the locations we went, but most of my memories from this trip are like snap shots. My first trip to Italy was the summer after I graduated from high school. I went with my father and we traveled to Venice, Rome, and Florence. I fell in love with Venice instantly. Then, the summer after my freshman year of college, I went with a group from the Italian language department of my University and studied language and culture in Italy at the Centro Linguistico Italiano Dante Alighieri in Florence. I lived with an Italian family and had the most amazing experience.
4. I have a pure black cat named Meshach (yes, as in Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego). He was actually named after another cat that was at our local SPCA when I volunteered for them. While his name is Meshach, he is generally referred to as Baby Kitty or BK.
5. I don’t think I could ever live somewhere far from water. I prefer the beach, but a large lake or river will do.
6. It really bothers me when authors make historical mistakes. For example, in a novel I’m currently reading a Highlander in the 1400s couldn’t understand the term hypnotize, but understood the word mesmerize (he was talking to someone from our time). The word mesmerize came into being to describe what happened to those who where “healed” by Franz Mesmer in the 1700s. Mesmer was a German physician and astrologist who “healed” people through animal magnetism. His method was referred to as mesmerism and eventually the word mesmerize arose. Mesmerism actually led to hypnosis (mid 1800s) (thank you PY 470 Cognitive Psych– this is actually the thing I remember most from that class). I know this is small in the grand scheme of things, but it bothers me.
7. Often, I enjoy cleaning. There can be something calming about doing dishes, dusting, vacuuming, or just tidying up- as long as you have music or an audiobook.
I will be passing this award on to:
- Embee at Musings of a Would-Be Writer
- Valerie at I Should Be Writing
- J. Koyanagi at J. Koyanagi
- Shannon at Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe
- Merissa at See Merissa Write
- Sara at The Babbling Flow of a Fledgling Scribbler
- Simon Larter at Constant Revision
Tomorrow I’ll go around to everyone’s blogs and leave comments for them.
Love to ALL!