Friday, February 12, 2010

Bits

I’m completing my application for Teach For America and have now become quite nervous. A girl I went to middle school with is apparently working with them and sent me an email with a link about the recruitment process and some additional info. Basically, it said what they look for in people. I think I have many of the qualities listed, but the article also mentioned how many apply and how many are actually recruited. I don’t like rejection, but with every path I wish to take – graduate school, Teach For America, ANY JOB- rejection is plentiful.

On the Job front, I’m sending in more applications and resumes. So far I’ve been told I’m either under qualified or overqualified for every job. Another job simply told me that I had enough qualifications, but that there were just several others who applied with more qualifications. I have enough to pay this month’s car payment and credit card, but I’m worrying about next month. Once again, I am so thankful that I have a wonderful mother who is letting me live in her house and eat her food free of charge!

A very important matter to address is a contest over at Shannon’s blog Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe. Shannon is giving away a signed copy of Buying, Training, and Caring for Your Dinosaur by Laura Joy Rennert.

Also, having a contest is Falen Formulates Fiction. She has reached and passed 50 followers (HURRAY!) and is now giving away a gift card!

Last night I was reading blogs and posting comment when somehow my clock magically changed from 12pm to 4 am. Blogs are apparently my new addiction. Reading one blog leads to reading someone who follows them or that they follow. That leads to me going through several blogs before I finish reading the blogs on my Google reader. Of course something will also spark my interest on a blog that will lead me to researching some obscure fact, before returning to the blogs I was initially reading. Oh well, Insomnia suits me for a day or two.

Love to ALL!

5 comments:

  1. I have to give you major props for hanging in there in the face of rejection. I have two master's degrees and fifteen years in the field, and teaching today is an exercise in brutality. Even my students ask my student teacher why she wants to be a teacher.

    But I know how hard it is to be where you are, so I'm telling you I admire your persistence and your dedication and I hope you find what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with Teach For America, and job searching in general. Don't let worries about rejection stop you from pursuing what interests you. Rejection is a part of life, and it sounds like you have a wonderful support system (Yay Mom!) I'm rooting for you -- best of luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a blog stalker too!

    Job hunting sucks. That's why I've been at the same dead end job for two years now... UGH. I don't even want to think about it.

    Stay tough and keep on going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! You will find the job that is out there waiting, just for you. Your perseverance will pay off. Thanks for the contest tips. I'm having one at my blog starting today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone- Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

    Shannon- Congrats on 200 followers! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete